I hereby apply for membership as an ACTIVE MEMBER of SCIP and attest to:
- I work as an independent specification consultant or am employed by a company engaged in independent specification consulting.
- I have been engaged in preparation of construction specifications for at least five years.
- I spend more than 50% of my working hours preparing and editing construction project specifications and master specifications in multiple Divisions of CSI/CSC Master Format or an equivalent recognized international specifications organizations system.
– Preparation of specifications may include construction products research, evaluation, and selection;
– Preparation of technical information and literature on building products and systems;
– Preparation and presentation of educational programs and writing about specifications and building products (if done in addition to specification writing);
– Acting as an expert witness in arbitration and other proceedings pertaining to construction technology; investigation and recommendation of restoration or replacement of areas of existing construction for property managers and similar companies;
– And engaging in other related activities which utilize the knowledge and skill of the specifier.
- I know and understand standard specifications formats, languages, and techniques, and am familiar with the CSI Project Delivery Practice Guides or equivalent documents of other recognized international specifications organizations.
- I understand standard contract provisions and the development of supplementary contract conditions pertaining to construction specifications, including contract documents published by other design and construction organizations.
- I am willing to subscribe to and accept to be bound by the SCIP Standard Code of Practice.
- I understand that Active Membership is not valid until approved by the SCIP Board of Directors and payment of dues in accordance with the SCIP bylaws.