KCCT: Architectural Senior Specification Writer
Architectural Senior Specification Writer – Permanent Position
Christa Ventikos, Ventikos Associates, 540-338-9747, Christa@VentikosAssociates.com
KCCT Architects is an award winning, international design firm based in Washington, DC who is seeking a highly motivated, innovative Architectural Senior Specification Writer with the desire to join and contribute to our firm. The ideal candidate will have an architectural background in an architecture, engineering, or construction environment.
We are seeking a collaborative team player who is well versed in specifications writing, technical and detail oriented, and enjoys working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This position will utilize knowledge of construction products, materials, and methods to write specifications for a variety of complex projects and building types to include, government, education, commercial and interior design initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture; Licensed Architect preferred.
- 8 years minimum+ years of experience in an Architectural firm with a focus on specification writing.
- Certifications: CDT and CCS certified preferred.
- Government Clearance would be a plus.
- Demonstrates ability to perform the requirements of Specifications Writer with proficiency.
- Advanced knowledge of building codes, architectural and structural systems, and material standards.
- Advanced knowledge of construction industry drawing standards and requirements.
- Strong understanding of AIA documents.
- Advanced knowledge of CSI principles and construction materials.
- Proficient with AIA Mater Spec. Familiarity with UFGS and OBO Standard Specification, would be preferred.
- Provides supervision, delegates task and oversees Assistant Specification Writer(s).
- Senior Specification Writer answers to Director of Specifications. Eventually, the candidate can progress into the directorial role based on his/her performance.
- Prepares technical documents (specifications and other contract documents) for incorporation into Project Manuals for a wide range of highly complex building project
types (Government, commercial, etc.).
- Develops custom specification sections as needed and updates standard specifications to meet project specific requirements.
- Research products, manufacturers, codes & standards, and rules & regulations as related to writing specifications.
- Acts as a technical resource for architectural staff by answering questions, problem solving, and suggesting product selections.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in English, both written and verbally.
- Ability to work efficiently and meet project deadlines.
- Has strong decision-making skills.
- Self-starter who takes direction and feedback and has a solutions-based approach to problem solving.
- Knowledge and daily use of computers and computer programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Specs Intact) used in the office for job description.
KCCT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value and welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage all minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities to apply.