Deltek: Product Reviewer and Specification Writer
Job Title: Engineering Product Reviewer and Specification Writer
To Apply: Specification Reviewer and Writer, Deltek
Deltek is hiring an experienced electrical engineering specifier to help curate our product card library, part of Deltek’s new flagship specification platform. Deltek is the exclusive author and publisher of MasterSpec, the leading master guide specification system in the US. Owned by the American Institute of Architects, MasterSpec sections are used as the basis for more than 60% of building design documents in the United States. The product card library in Specpoint complements MasterSpec content by providing additional product information to the specifier.
As an Engineering Product Reviewer and Specification Writer, you will help maintain the integrity of MasterSpec content by ensuring listed products meet the requirements of the MasterSpec document while also helping building product manufacturers position their products appropriately. In this capacity, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Work with Sales and Presale Verification teams to determine the suitability of products for inclusion in the MasterSpec library and advise as to proper section placement. Review manufacturer products based on listed criteria for acceptance into MasterSpec, utilizing your subject matter expertise and knowledge of specification writing conventions.
- Review product submissions in Specpoint database to verify compliance with Product Type description and performance criteria. Approve submissions in compliance, request more information to complete review, or submit reasons for declining submission.
- Write content, in MasterSpec format, to describe proprietary attributes of BPM products.
- Research products utilizing relevant sources including product literature, manufacturers’ websites, industry standards, trade association and professional society publications and websites, reference materials, and model building codes.
- Advise manufacturer clients on best practices in specification writing, assuring adherence to CSI and AIA MasterSpec conventions. Review and respond to their feedback.
- When required, guide the work of external consultants performing the above tasks.
- Collaborate with other Deltek departments on initiatives such as enhancement of cloud-based product-submission platforms, providing input as requested.
- When required, assist MasterSpec writers with research and/or develop and update MasterSpec sections (including supporting documents) or create new sections.
- Make presentations and write thought leadership pieces related to the subject matter of assigned specification sections.
- Other duties as required.
- Licensed practicing electrical engineer or CSI certified professional.
- CSI CDT required with CCS and/or CCCA certification(s) preferred. LEED AP certification is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience required in electrical and communications engineering technology.
- Experience must include working in building construction settings for firms specializing in engineering, architecture, construction management, specification consulting, or program management.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience editing or writing specification sections required.
- Must be collaborative, open to working in new ways, and able to provide constructive feedback.
- Experience working with others in a team setting and managing projects.
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time and the ability to professionally deal with colleagues and customers across disciplines.
- Must have the ability to work efficiently and effectively as part of a fully remote team.
- Ability to communicate information at both a highly technical level and in layman’s terms.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with BIM, Revit, and other tools of the trade desired.